Thursday, June 28, 2012

Container Gardening


I should preface this post with the truth: I do not have a green thumb. However, I've always been fascinated with growing produce for consumption. This mixture has led to, I'm sure you can imagine, a lot of subpar harvests of sad, little plants.
Now that I'm cooking a lot, I really want to use fresh herbs and vegetables from my own garden. I have the perfect spot for a little garden, and I've been doing a lot of research on container gardening and what I should plant. I found a lot of great resources for natural, homemade pesticides and fertilizers as well as a few helpful tips for a quick perusal. Here are some of my favorites links:

Choosing a container:


Soil solutions:


Organic fertilizers:


Homemade Pesticides:


What to plant:


In general:


1 comment:

  1. As long as you have plenty of light, water & the right soil for your plant & of course the right size pot for your plant(s), then you can accomplish growing without a a green thumb. I have been gardening for about 18+ years & I always learn something new & yes I lose plants as well. Whether it's over watering or not enough or mixing to much fertilizer & burning up my plants. I can grow just about any thing but I always struggle with African Violets, lol. Good luck & happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete